This cafè is located on the boardwalk along the sea front of Viareggio. Since the beginning of 1900’s Café Margherita was a well known haunt of the city’s intellectual and artistic community.Its art deco facade was designed by Puccini’s good friend Galileo Chini. Today the café has still the atmosphere of 100 years ago.
In 1919 when a nnoisy peat factory opened on the site where the theatre is now, near villa Puccini in Torre del Lago, the composer moved to Viareggio. He built a new villa near the pinewood in an elegant art deco style, and in 1921, he and his family moved there.
Today the house in Viareggio is not open to the public.