Puccini e la sua Lucca Puccini e la sua Lucca Puccini e la sua Lucca Puccini e la sua Lucca Puccini e la sua Lucca Puccini e la sua Lucca Puccini e la sua Lucca Puccini e la sua Lucca Puccini e la sua Lucca Puccini e la sua Lucca Puccini e la sua Lucca Puccini e la sua Lucca Puccini e la sua Lucca Puccini e la sua Lucca Puccini e la sua Lucca Puccini e la sua Lucca Puccini e la sua Lucca Puccini e la sua Lucca Puccini e la sua Lucca

Santa Maria dei Servi church

The church of the Santissima Annunziata dei Servi or church of Santa Maria dei Servi is a Lucca’s church that is located in Piazza dei Servi.
First mentioned in 1061, was assigned to the Served from 1254 and rebuilt in the late fourteenth century assuming the brick structure with a single nave with a trussed roof, transept and rectangular apse. In the fifteenth century the walls were frescoed: few traces remain, such as the Madonna in the counter. A sign of importance are the tombs of the important families. Between late fifteenth and early sixteenth century, the church established a special relationship with the shop of Civitali: there are many works of this environment that still remain; the most significant was the group formed by Angelo (now lost) and Announced for which in 1516 Nicolao Civitali built an altar, with a canopy with dome Hawksbill.
Next to the main door is a plaque commemorating the stranding in 1495 of a huge whale on the coast of Viareggio. The carcass was taken to Lucca and hanging right where now stands the headstone, which reads as follows:
"Whales, pisticci, dolphins and killer whales and other monsters of the ocean and our sea, whatever (monster) you have or the Nile, whatever numbers the wonderful Ganges, only this beast gives you witness. The opening of the mouth and the rib demonstrate the vastness of the remaining body. The Tuscan sea threw it on the Lido of Lucca in the year of 1495. Nicolao Tegrimi posed. »

OTHER LOCATIONS

  • San Giovanni Basilique

San Giovanni Basilique

In the splendid environment of one of the most beautiful churches in the world (famous for the precious excavations and Roman and pre-Roman relics placet under the technically-amazing “flexible” floor of the Church), a great event for a selected number of people, willing to taste the joy and the pleasure of an unforgettable event of music and art, with the best Puccinian interpreters ...

  • St. Joseph's church

St. Joseph's church

St. Joseph's church is the only remnant of the convent of nuns Gesuate founded in 1518.The exterior of the building features the typical oratory structure with the two latticed windows on either side of the central door, decorated with a glazed terracotta from the first half of the sixteenth century with the Madonna between Saints Joseph and Jerome.The interior, a single nave with a cross vault ...

  • Piazza Anfiteatro

Piazza Anfiteatro

The amphitheater square is a square in the city of Lucca, built on the ruins of the ancient Roman amphitheater (second century A.D.), which caused its closed elliptical shape.The square was born in the Middle Ages and in this age was called "parlascio", a corruption of the Latin paralisium ("amphitheater"), from the influence of the word "speak", that was said to indicate the place where meetings ...

  • Oratorio di San Romano

Oratorio di San Romano

In the heart of the historical center of the city it was recently realized through a major renovation and functional rehabilitation of the ex-church of S. Romano annexed homonymous convent of the Dominican fathers. A single nave was built in the thirteenth century and transformed in the course of the seventeenth century in baroque style. The Church is now returned to its ancient splendor with ...